Everyone knows that nursing is challenging profession that requires a great amount of patience, discipline and skill. Nursing can also be an incredibly rewarding career for the right person. Nurses are in high demand in the U.S. and will be for the foreseeable future. Have you considered these 10 reasons for becoming a nurse?
1. Nurses get to care for others. We know this is probably the biggest reason you’ve considered becoming a nurse, so enough said.
2. Nurses earn good salaries. In Ohio, LPNs earn an average yearly salary of $44,000 while RNs earn approximately $62,000 yearly.
3. Nursing is a stable job. The U.S. is experiencing a critical shortage of nurses and the nursing industry is expected to grow by 16% by the year 2024.
4. Nurses can work in a variety of settings. Hospitals, nursing homes, home healthcare, doctor’s offices, surgical centers, cruise ships, and more.
5. Nurses can specialize in their area of interest. There are literally over 100 nursing specialties! Pediatric, geriatric, burn care, flight, psychiatric, hospice, and anesthesia are just some of those specialties.
6. Nurses usually have great benefits. In today’s market, employee benefit packages for nurses often include signing bonuses and other above-average benefits like excellent health insurance and vacation days.
7. Nurses can work 3 or 4 days a week – Flexible options are available while still being considered a full-time employee.
8. Nurses are trusted, respected and needed. We all rely on nurses at some point in our lives to care for us and our loved ones.
9. Nurses can complete their training quickly. LPNs can take courses and earn their certificate in one year. It’s possible to become an RN in two years.
10. Nurses make a difference in people’s lives. They provide comfort, care and reassurance to not only patients, but to their family members as well.
If you are considering a career in nursing and would like to talk to one of our experienced nursing professionals, please give us a call at (380) 997-7617. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have about this exciting profession.